Latest COVID-19 updates
Page last updated: 29/11/2021
30th November 2021 - Following the government advice, from 30th November 2021, wearing face coverings is mandatory when using public transport. Click here for details.
19th July 2021 - Stay safe as restrictions changed
From Monday 19th July 2021, restrictions changed when travelling by bus:
- The capacity restrictions on buses were lifted. This means that all seats are available for use, and you can also choose to stand. However, please respect other passengers' personal space. If you don't need to sit directly next to or facing another passenger, please try to avoid doing so.
- We’re continuing with our enhanced cleaning processes, using special chemicals.
We're Good to Go!We've achieved VisitEngland's Good to Go accreditation, confirming that we're following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines on cleanliness and social distancing!
COVID-19 safety information and travel advice
Plan your journey
- Plan ahead and use a direct route where possible.
- If you can, travel at quieter times and avoid travelling at peak times - use our handy When2Travel tool to help check the best times.
- Take hand sanitiser.
- Wash or sanitise your hands before beginning your journey.
On your journey
- Maintain 1m+ distance where possible.
- Following the government advice, from 30th November 2021, you must wear a face covering when using public transport.
- Use contactless payments, Freeflow or the app where possible.
- If you require assistance, you should continue to request this as you normally would.
- Be patient and please follow any instructions provided by our colleagues.
Completing your journey
- Follow guidance at your destination.
- Wash or sanitise your hands as soon as possible.