Welcome Back to Bus!
Page last updated: 26/07/2021
26th July 2021 - From Monday 26th July 2021, your new 34 service linking Abbey Barn Park and High Wycombe Railway Station was launched. Initially operating at peak times only, this new service is ideal for anyone wishing to catch trains from the station. Find out more.
16th July 2021 - Stay safe as restrictions are eased
While we’re still dealing with the impact of COVID-19, many of the restrictions imposed by law have been lifted from Monday 19th July 2021. This means that you may notice changes when travelling by bus from this date.
- The capacity restrictions on buses have been lifted. This means that all seats are available for use, and you can also choose to stand. However, please respect other passengers' personal space. If you don't need to sit directly next to or facing another passenger, please try to avoid doing so.
- We’re going to continue our enhanced cleaning processes, using special chemicals.
Here are some tips to help you travel safely and happily.
Before you travel
- Use our new mobile app to plan your journey.
- Wash or sanitise your hands before beginning your journey (please bring hand sanitiser with you).
- If you are anxious about travelling on a busy service, you could:
- Avoid peak times. Our buses are busiest 07:00-09:00 hrs and 15:00-17:00 hrs Monday to Friday.
- Use our mobile app to plan your journey and see how busy the bus is likely to be.
- Buy your ticket via the app.
On the bus
- COVID screens will still be in place between our drivers and customers
- Pay by contactless, via the mobile app or Freeflow if you can. The contactless limit is now £45, which covers most of the ticket types you can buy on board.
- Please be patient while getting on and off, and do not queue in the aisle or next to the driver.
- Government advice is to wear a face covering in crowded places, such as public transport. Please respect those who want to continue wearing a face covering and those who choose not to.
- Continue to wash your hands and/or use hand sanitiser regularly.
- If you require assistance, you should continue to request this as you normally would.
- Please take any newspapers or rubbish with you to dispose of safely.
Most of our buses have returned to what can be considered our ‘normal’ level of service.
What we're doing to keep you safe
From significantly enhancing cleaning processes to increasing signage and installing temporary prospex screens, we’re doing everything we can to keep you, your loved ones and our colleagues safe when travelling on our buses.Safety measures
Government advice is to wear a face covering in crowded places, such as public transport. Please respect those who want to continue wearing a face covering and those who choose not to.
Bus travel guidance
When you travel, please follow our COVID-19 bus travel guidance to help keep you and our colleagues safe.Find out more
Pay with contactless
We would appreciate if our customers could try to pay with contactless cards or devices during this time to avoid the need for unnecessary handling of cash as much as possible.
Travel off peak
Choose to travel on the quieter buses for your comfort, safety and peace of mind. When2travel gives you the information you need when planning your next bus journey - including the latest timetables and up-to-date capacity predictions on a stop-by-stop basis.Find out more
Student and University Travel
We continue to provide travel for students travelling to school, college or university. We have significantly enhanced our cleaning protocols to keep you, your friends and our colleagues safe. To support our commitment to your safety on board, we ask students to wear a face covering and to not remove it until they reach their school, college or university. Ensure it is worn properly - not on the chin or with nostrils uncovered. Have an exemption card ready to show to the driver if required and sanitise your hands when awaiting and leaving the bus.
VIDEO: Welcome back to bus!
Over the last year, we made a number of changes and improvements to our services. Watch this video to find out how we're keeping you safe, and more...Watch the videos
NHS Test and Trace
When travelling around our bus stations and stops, it's suggested that you download and use the official NHS COVID-19 contact tracing app.Find out more or download the app
Frequently asked questions
Have any questions regarding face coverings, disabled assistance, cleaning regimes, the best time to travel, the timetables we operate, etc.?Click here for FAQs