Last updated: 06/04/2020
We are continuing to analyse our services and we further adjusted timetables on several routes from Sunday 29th March to match supply to the current demand and preserve the longevity of the Company. This means that we are providing a base-level service on most of our routes, allowing key workers and those who need to make essential journeys (such as to access essential supplies) to continue travelling.
Following feedback from key workers, further timetable changes were introduced from Sunday 5th April. Thank you to everyone who took their time to complete the online form and get in touch.
If any other key workers believe that our reduced timetables don't meet their needs, we are encouraging them to contact us with the details of the journey they are trying to make, and we will do our best to help. Further details are available below.
The situation in relation to COVID-19 is fast-moving and this may mean further changes. As soon as these are confirmed, we will communicate the information to our customers.
Service changes valid from 29th March 2020 until further notice
In summary, our services were revised from 29th March and they operate to the following frequencies from Mondays to Saturdays, with a normal service on Sundays:
- Chiltern Hundreds 101, 103, 104 and 105 - The 103 and 104 continue to operate to a Saturday timetable from Mondays to Saturdays and the 101, 103 and 104 provide up to three buses per hour between High Wycombe and Beaconsfield.
- Chiltern Hundreds 102 - Service amended to operate between High Wycombe and Uxbridge only. From 5th April, a special reduced frequency timetable applies from Mondays to Saturdays. Services depart High Wycombe at 06:00hrs, 18:50hrs and 19:50hrs, and Uxbridge at 06:50hrs, 19:50hrs and 20:50hrs. On Sundays, the 102 timetable remains the same as previously.
Passengers wishing to travel to Heathrow from High Wycombe are advised to catch the Oxford Bus Company airline service, which is temporarily operating via High Wycombe Coachway. The existing 102 tickets for travel to Heathrow are valid on this service. Please click here for details. TFL bus service A10 continues to operate between Uxbridge and Heathrow Airport.
- Route One - Both Carousel and Arriva services operate hourly between High Wycombe and Chesham. This provides passengers with a half-hourly frequency.
- 27 - Normal Monday to Friday service (no service on Saturdays or Sundays).
- 35 - Up to every 60 mins
- 36 - Up to every 60 mins
- 36A - Saturday service
- 36B - Sorry, no service
- 39 - up to every 60 mins
- Link40 - Special timetable in operation with services running up to every 2 hours. An additional morning journey is provided into High Wycombe to support key workers.
- School services 5, 39A BB11, BB12, BB13, BB18 - Sorry, no service
Additional journeys for key workers from Sunday 5th April
Following feedback from key workers, further timetable changes were made to the 8/X8 Park&Ride Cressex Connect, 580 and 581 services. Thank you to everyone who got in touch with us requesting those amendments. We’re continuing to review our services during this difficult time and encourage more key workers to contact us if the reduced timetables don’t meet their needs. Further details on how to get in touch with us are available below.
From 5th April 2020, the following changes were made to your services:
- 8/X8 Park&Ride Cressex Connect - service operates up to every 60 mins with two additional morning journeys operating from Mondays to Fridays.
- 580 - Special timetable operating from Mondays to Fridays. Sorry, no service on Saturdays.
- 581 - Special timetable operating from Mondays to Fridays. Sorry, no service on Saturdays.
Further changes to timetables from 5th April 2020
From Sunday 5th April 2020, the Chiltern Hundreds 102 service operates to a special reduced frequency timetable from Mondays to Saturdays. Services depart High Wycombe at 06:00hrs, 18:50hrs and 19:50hrs, and Uxbridge at 06:50hrs, 19:50hrs and 20:50hrs. On Sundays, the 102 timetable remains the same as previously.
The 577 (normally Mondays to Fridays only) and 582 (normally Saturdays only) services are temporarily suspended from 5th April 2020.
We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause.
Concessionary Travel - Helping the Elderly and Vulnerable Passengers
Concessionary pass holders are able to travel free of charge at all times on all Carousel Buses services. We’re hoping that this will support older and vulnerable people and help them continue to be able to access vital services during this challenging time.
Are you a key worker during the COVID-19 crisis?
Our revised times are designed to keep buses running to key hubs. If you’re a key worker and our plans don’t connect you to your critical employment location, please let us know using our online form. We’ll do our best to help.
Special travel needs?
Do you need to arrange transport for you or your key worker colleagues? We have a team ready to help with bespoke travel requirements. Get in touch using our online form to discuss how we can help.