Last updated: 26/05/2020
We are pleased to announce that following the government advice, from Monday 1st June 2020, we will be increasing the number of services and journeys we operate to match the new levels of demand and allow customers to effectively practice social distancing measures.
As the levels of demand increase, it is very important that our customers familiarise themselves with COVID-19 safety guidance when travelling by bus.
The situation in relation to COVID-19 is fast-moving and this may result in further timetable changes. As soon as these are confirmed, we will communicate the information to our customers here.
From Monday 1st June, a normal Monday to Friday timetable will resume on all routes with the following exceptions:
- Journeys that operate on "school days only" will not operate whilst journeys that operate during "school holidays only" will operate.
- Chiltern Hundreds 102 will continue to operate between High Wycombe and Uxbridge only.
- Chiltern Hundreds 102 journeys from Beaconsfield at 0244, 0344, 0444, 2204 and 2304 will not operate.
- Chiltern Hundreds 102 journeys from Uxbridge at 0420, 0520, 2240, 2340 and 0040 will not operate.
Saturday timetables will remain (as per 5th April) with the following exceptions:
- Chiltern Hundreds 102 - A normal, daytime, Saturday service will be restored between High Wycombe and Uxbridge.
- Chiltern Hundreds 102 journeys from Beaconsfield at 0244, 0344, 0444, 2104, 2204 and 2304 will not operate.
- Chiltern Hundreds 102 journey from High Wycombe at 0515 will not operate.
- Chiltern Hundreds 102 journeys from Uxbridge at 0420, 0520, 0650, 2140, 2240, 2340 and 0040 will not operate.
- 8 Park&Ride Cressex Connect - an enhanced service will be introduced with buses running up to every 30 minutes.
- Link40 - A normal Saturday service will resume.
Sunday timetables will remain unchanged (as per 5th April) for the time-being. For more details please see below.
Service valid from 5th April 2020 until further notice
In summary, our services are operating to the following frequencies from Mondays to Saturdays:
- Chiltern Hundreds 101, 103, 104 and 105 - Saturday service - the 101, 103 and 104 provide up to three buses per hour between High Wycombe and Beaconsfield.
- Chiltern Hundreds 102 - Limited service - amended to operate between High Wycombe and Uxbridge only. Services depart High Wycombe at 0600, 1850 and 1950, and depart Uxbridge at 0650, 1950 and 2050.
Passengers wishing to travel to Heathrow from High Wycombe are advised to catch the Oxford Bus Company airline service, which is temporarily operating via High Wycombe Coachway. The existing 102 tickets for travel to Heathrow are valid on this service. Please click here for details. TFL bus service A10 continues to operate between Uxbridge and Heathrow Airport.
- Route One - Both Carousel and Arriva services operate to an hourly frequency between High Wycombe and Chesham, coordinated to provides passengers with a half-hourly service.
- 8 Park&Ride Cressex Connect - Service operates up to every 60 mins with two additional morning journeys operating from Mondays to Fridays to support key workers.
- 27 - Normal Monday to Friday service (as normal, there is no service on Saturdays).
- 35 - Up to every 60 mins
- 36 - Up to every 60 mins
- 36A - Saturday service
- 39 - up to every 60 mins
- Link40 - Special timetable in operation with services running up to every 2 hours. An additional morning journey is provided into High Wycombe to support key workers.
- 580 - Special timetable operating from Mondays to Fridays only. Sorry, no service on Saturdays.
- 581 - Special timetable operating from Mondays to Fridays only. Sorry, no service on Saturdays.
Services are temporarily suspended on the following routes: 5, 39A, 36B, 577, 582, BB11, BB12, BB13, BB18, X8 and X103. We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause.
A normal Sunday timetable operates on all routes apart from the 102 which operates to a special timetable between High Wycombe and Uxbridge only.
Concessionary Travel - Helping the Elderly and Vulnerable Passengers
Concessionary pass holders are able to travel free of charge at all times on all Carousel Buses services. We’re hoping that this will support older and vulnerable people and help them continue to be able to access vital services during this challenging time.
Are you a key worker during the COVID-19 crisis?
Our revised times are designed to keep buses running to key hubs. If you’re a key worker and our plans don’t connect you to your critical employment location, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to help.
Special travel needs?
Do you need to arrange transport for you or your key worker colleagues? We have a team ready to help with bespoke travel requirements. Email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.