Page last updated: 19/04/2021
17th March 2021 - From Saturday 17th April 2021, the 8/X8, 35/36/36A/36B and 39/39A services reverted to fully normal timetables. This means that the special COVID-19 Saturday timetables were withdrawn.
8th March 2021 - Following the reopening of schools, from Monday 8th March 2021, the following changes affected our Monday to Friday services:
- BB12: We reintroduced our BB12 school service.
- 1/1A: These services reverted fully to normal timetables.
- 8/X8, 35/36/36A/36B, 39/39A: These services reverted to normal Monday to Friday timetables. The special COVID-19 Saturday timetables remain in place unchanged.
Most of our buses have returned to what can be considered our ‘normal’ level of service.
Concessionary travel - helping the elderly and vulnerable passengers
From Tuesday 12th January 2021 until further notice, concessionary pass holders will be able to travel free of charge at all times of the day on any Carousel Buses starting journeys in Buckinghamshire. Together with Buckinghamshire Council, we hope this will ensure that elderly and vulnerable people are able to access vaccination appointments. We also hope this will enable them to access vital services at a time when bus services are less busy.When2Travel - more about our capacity prediction tool.
What we're doing to keep you safe
From significantly enhancing cleaning processes to reducing capacities on buses, increasing signage and installing temporary prospex screens, we’re doing everything we can to keep you, your loved ones and our colleagues safe when travelling on our buses.Safety measures
In line with guidance from the government, you must wear a face covering on public transport. This can be a mask, scarf, snood or a bandana. If you fit into any of the government exemptions, then you'll be able to travel on our buses without wearing a face covering. Just tell the driver when you board the bus and show an exemption “Journey Assistance Card” which you can download by following the link below.Find out more
Bus travel guidance
When you travel, please follow our COVID-19 bus travel guidance to help keep you and our colleagues safe.Find out more
Pay with contactless
We would appreciate if our customers could try to pay with contactless cards or devices during this time to avoid the need for unnecessary handling of cash as much as possible.
Travel off peak
Choose to travel on the quieter buses for your comfort, safety and peace of mind. When2travel gives you the information you need when planning your next bus journey - including the latest timetables and up-to-date capacity predictions on a stop-by-stop basis.Find out more
Student and University Travel
We continue to provide travel for students travelling to school, college or university. We have significantly enhanced our cleaning protocols to keep you, your friends and our colleagues safe. To support our commitment to your safety on board, we ask students to wear a face covering and to not remove it until they reach their school, college or university. Ensure it is worn properly - not on the chin or with nostrils uncovered. Have an exemption card ready to show to the driver if required and sanitise your hands when awaiting and leaving the bus.
VIDEO: Welcome back!
Over the last year, we made some changes to our services. This short video will show you some of the things you can expect when travelling with us.Watch the video
NHS Test and Trace
When travelling around our bus stations and stops, it's suggested that you download and use the official NHS COVID-19 contact tracing app.Find out more or download the app
Frequently asked questions
Have any questions regarding face coverings, disabled assistance, cleaning regimes, the best time to travel, the timetables we operate, etc.?Click here for FAQs
COVID-19 safety information and travel advice
Plan your journey
- Plan ahead and use a direct route where possible
- If you can, travel at quieter times and avoid travelling at peak times - use our handy When2Travel tool to help check the best times
- Take hand sanitiser and a face covering - see latest guidance for face coverings
- Wash or sanitise your hands before beginning your journey
On your journey
- Maintain 1m+ distance where possible
- Wear a face covering - see latest guidance for face coverings
- Use contactless payments, Freeflow or the app where possible
- If you require assistance, you should continue to request this as you normally would
- Be patient and please follow any instructions provided by our colleagues
Completing your journey
- Follow guidance at your destination
- Wash or sanitise your hands as soon as possible