PickMeUp Minibus Drivers
Monday – Friday, based in High Wycombe
We are proud to be partnering with Buckinghamshire Council to launch PickMeUp from Carousel Buses in September 2022. We are recruiting for PickMeUp Minibus drivers to work from our Carousel Buses Depot in High Wycombe.
What is PickMeUp?
PickMeUp is an on demand service that can be tailored to more flexibly meet the needs of travellers with similar origins and destinations, rather than sticking to a fixed, timetabled route.
How does it work?
PickMeUp operates on the concept of ‘virtual bus stops’ and can be used to ensure services can pick up and drop off near to where people wish to start and end their journeys, without being constrained by physical infrastructure.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, our PickMeUp Minibus Drivers will deliver excellent customer care by providing a responsive service and carrying out driving duties in an efficient, effective and legal manner. The main duties and responsibilities include:
- At all times provide a customer-focussed experience
- Work to a schedule of driving duties between 05:30 and 19:30, ensuring the safe transportation of customers to/from various destinations.
- Carry out a daily check of the designated vehicle and its equipment and ensure the vehicle is clean and presentable, and to the company’s required standard.
- Report immediately any faulty equipment or vehicle faults as in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist in the gathering of statistical information by the completion of daily records i.e. vehicle, customer and driver records.
- Work in a helpful, caring and confidential manner and assist customers
- Refer passenger complaints and anomalies about the service to the PickMeUp & Customer Services Controller.
- Promote the PickMeUp service and be an ambassador for the concept
You will need to hold a PCV licence or be prepared to train to obtain one. Full PCV licence training can be provided and you will be paid whilst you train. Training would be in a full sized bus or coach, although once you are operating the PickMeUp service, it would be a branded minibus.